Monday, January 1, 2018

Dry January Outfit 4 - We start the new year with a timeless classic




Happy New Year everyone!  I like the sound of 2018 - whereas 2017 makes me think of orange hair and chaos, the new number has a nice fresh ring to it.  I am choosing to be optimistic and predict this one is going to be great.

While the sales are still on, it may be a good idea to look for some great classics.  I won't be buying of course, as I am practicing no-shopping dry January, but I received this black blazer only a week ago from The Outnet.  It's from Theory, a great company for classic clothes, and it was a steal at roughly £150.  Shopstyle is also great place to look, HERE is a selection of Theory blazers.  Look out for wool: the black color will be nicer, it will hang better, it will breathe, and it always looks more expensive than synthetic fabrics.

For white shirts, check out J.Crew, they always do a number of great styles. Mine came from Uniqlo, which does basics extremely well.  With a black blazer I prefer mid-blue jeans, because grey or black would make the outfit a bit dreary.  And the Chanel flats and bag are the ultimate classics worth saving for, but you can easily do the style on a budget as well, HERE are some cap-toe flats at Barneys Warehouse, for instance.  And I love THIS casual nylon quilted bag by MZ Wallace and Rebecca Minkoff has some great looking dupes HERE.

See you tomorrow for Outfit 5 of Dry January.

And don't forget to follow me by entering your email above.  My instagram @fashionexpat will have additional outfits not on the blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment