Monday, January 15, 2018

Today's no-shopping challenge outfit: Isabel Marant, Uniqlo, Pierre Hardy and Prada


Today I have gone for a very classic Isabel Marant cocoon coat (there is still a black one HERE, styled horribly by Lagarconne, literally sucking the joy out of my heart when I look at that picture).  This coat has been 40 per cent off in the IM store on On Lan Street for a while, but I am not sure how many are left.


The black tuxedo shirt is from a collab between Uniqlo and Jill Sander.  Once again I apologise that during this no-shopping month I am wearing so many old clothes that are no longer available.  Uniqlo makes super lovely shirts though, check HERE for what is on offer now.

The acid wash pink Isabel Marant Étoile jeans stir it all up a little which is probably how I would love every outfit to be.  Some classics with some elements that feel a bit wrong.  It appears that for many people these jeans are too much because they on deep sale HERE and all sizes are still left.  I think the styling in this case is not great either - these trousers need to be toned down with a neutral.  Usually Mytheresa has great styling but this photo feels too matchy and too pink.

Prada shoes -  they are from an outlet in Holland called Maasmechelen Village.  The pointy toes are so long that I tend to stumble in these shoes...  Both Prada and Miu Miu often make their shoes more exaggeratedly pointy than I like.  But as Demna Gvasalia at Balenciaga has been driving the trend for elongated pointy footwear these have become a bit more current.

The bag is by Pierre Hardy and combines black and navy, which is in my opinion the chicest color combo ever.  Yes, I agree, saying chic in a serious, non-sarcastic sentence is slightly-a-lot annoying.  But what better description for navy and black is there?  Check out this blue jean version of the bag, it is soooo pretty (HERE).  And you can trust in Barneys to know how to style a great outfit. 




Enjoy your Tuesdays, dear readers!

xx Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment