Thursday, January 11, 2018

Second attempt at Balenciaga inspired mixed checks (outfit 13 of no-shopping challenge)


click on photos for a larger version


I am suddenly quite conscious of the fact that by shopping my closet I am always showing things you can't actually buy in stores anymore.  Sorry about that.  But I hope you may look at an outfit like the one above and can still take inspiration from it, whether it's from color combinations or silhouettes. 

The wool knit skirt is J.Crew from last season, the belt is very old from Alexander McQueen, the big link bracelet was from Intermix and I have woven an Hermès twilly through it. The tweed jacket was last winter from J.Crew, the check shirt is from J.Crew (HERE), and the mules are Marks & Spencer (HERE).



The blue twilly scarf is meant to be tied around the handle of your Hermès bag, but they are also great to tie around the collar of a white shirt, or woven through a bracelet like here.  I suppose you could also cut out a strip of silk or buy a ribbon for this purpose.


The sales are great for finding special belts.  Inevitably there is a table somewhere at the end of the sale in Harvey Nichols or Harrods with loads of very expensive belts.  I carefully sort through those every time it's a sale. This Alexander McQueen skull belt may have been from Lane Crawford's outlet, and it was a total bargain - yet it has been one of my favorite accessories for years.





No comments:

Post a Comment