Tuesday, January 9, 2018

No Shopping Challenge: Outfit 11 - Inspired by Oprah's Amazing Golden Globes Speech


W.O.W.

I fear I can't be eloquent in this moment.

W.O.W.

My wow is the soft spoken kind, the kind you use when you are alone in a room, having just experienced something that leaves you speechless but then fills you up slowly from your toes to your tearful eyes with triumphant joy, pride and sooo much hope for what's next...  that you dry your tears, text your friends, tell you mom, and teach your children the importance of what you've just seen and heard.

I have always loved Oprah Winfrey as an entertainer, but now I want her for President.  As Michael Shulman writes in The New Yorker today


                Oprah Winfrey’s speech was galvanizing and important, forward-looking and inclusive: 
the kind we used to hear from the person running the country.


On this brand new morning I am wearing a black jumper.

Thank you, Oprah.




Zara cashmere jumper (I felt so guilty about saying bad things about the pink jumper yesterday), this one is great, much thicker and worn for a few years already.

Isabel Marant Étoile skirt (on sale HERE)

Zara sock boots (mine sold out but THESE are similar, and THESE and THESE from Topshop are said to be quite flattering)




Jeanette from Holland asked me yesterday why I don't just wear the clothes instead of putting them on a rack or on my bed for the photos.

Here's me wearing the black jumper while I was putting on make-up this morning.

Since I started posting only my own photos on this blog about three years ago, I decided that I personally prefer seeing outfits without people in them.  The reason is because a face immediately gives character to an outfit and I prefer blogs where the outfits are a total blank slate.

I love Polyvore for that same reason.  Most collages people post there have just clothes and accessories in them.

A very lovely day to you all, and see you tomorrow for day 12 of shopping my own closet, rather than shopping with money.

xx Dianne





No comments:

Post a Comment