Friday, January 19, 2018

Avondrood brengt water in de sloot (say the Dutch)


When the sunset is red, there will be a water threat, is my own creative translation of this old school Dutch expression.  It literally says:  evening red brings water in the ditch.

In any event, rain it did!

So once I again I didn't bother to dress.




I did pop out briefly to Great, the biggest international supermarket in Hong Kong, and was greeted by a sea of orange... as Chinese New Year is not far off now.




Mandarin oranges at Chinese New Year are believed to bring good luck and prosperity.  Let's just hope for now they will bring back the blue skies from a few days ago.




I am looking forward to the year of the dog - may even get myself a dog chotsky.




The year of the cocker spaniel?

Just don't clean your house the first two days of the lunar new year... because you'll wash away all the good luck you've just created by filling your house with mandarin oranges and red trinkets...

Have a beautiful day, lovely readers!

xx Dianne





No comments:

Post a Comment