Wednesday, January 3, 2018

No Shopping Challenge January 2018 - Outfit 7 (mixing metals with Louis Vuitton and Hermès)




J.Crew Ludlow blazer (not in stock at the moment but I really like THIS knit blazer)
Louis Vuitton Alma bag (similar HERE)
Anine Bing jeans (HERE)
Isabel Marant Étoile belt (HERE but mine was on sale at the On Lan Street shop)
J.Crew Tippi jumper (from two years ago but a nice leopard print sweatshirt HERE)
Gianvito Rossi pumps (similar HERE)
Hermès bracelet (HERE) and J.Crew sunglasses (HERE)

For today's shopping-my-closet challenge I wanted to look a bit more dressed up, although I have yet again chosen for jeans and a blazer.  This dry January has already made me realise that I always reach for classic proportions first, and I am keeping notes for my February shopping list.

This challenge has also made me understand why experts often give the advice to spend a lot of money on your basics, and not as much on trendy clothes or shiny happy bits you may wear on a Friday night.  Your basics get so much more wear and they are seen in daylight, whereas a polyester satin tank may look perfectly alright in a dark restaurant.

Hope you are all having a great start to the new year.  Let me know if you have any special outfit requests in the comments below.

xx Dianne





No comments:

Post a Comment