Thursday, January 25, 2018

No Shopping Challenge Continues in London - I almost fell for 60 per cent sale at Sandro on the King's Road


Chelsea is full of temptation.  There is a stunning Chanel concept store just one minute from where I am staying in Brompton Cross.


Chanel

There is also a great J.Crew Collection store in that same location...


J.Crew

And of course a stalwart supporter of the area, the Joseph multi brand store on Sloane Avenue.  The kooky windows here are inspiring, and it was always the first store I'd go when I lived here nine years ago.


Joseph

But fortunately, there's no place like Hyde Park to get some perspective.




I was on the brink of breaking my no-shopping vow today at Sandro on the King's Road, where I'd popped in with a friend after lunch.

But I came to my senses and left the store empty handed.  It wasn't until later having a drink with another friend in Motcomb Street, that I found renewed purpose for my dry January challenge.

My friend is a proper activist raising awareness about plastic waste*, but at the same time has always been one of the best dressed people I know.  We had a long chat about owning less stuff, but still appreciating and buying beautifully made clothes and keeping them forever.



For this day I wore jeans, pointy boots, a white tuxedo shirt and a navy blazer - topped by a wool tartan wrap to keep me warm.



* Watch A Plastic Ocean on Netflix to learn more about the amount of plastic floating around our oceans.




No comments:

Post a Comment