Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Shop your closet for Spring 2018 trends - Outfit 12 of No-shopping January


Today I am trying to shop my own wardrobe for Spring 2018 trends.  Some of those trends are:

The color lavender

Mixed checks

Slip dresses

Pencil skirts

Tailored dark denim





I took this photo just after Christmas on the most beautiful warm day in Hong Kong with my parents on a Star Ferry excursion across to Kowloon. This pic was taken out of the Ferry terminal windows just before our ride back to the island.

Unfortunately it's not at all spring at the moment like everywhere else in the northern hemisphere.  Here on Victoria Peak (the mountain just behind the highest building in the picture)  it's only 7 degrees this evening. 

The trend I decided on for this post was mixed checks so this morning I picked out some clothes and went off for the day expecting to take a photo later.  Well, it was so dark and dreary once I got home, that I couldn't manage a proper layout.  With no one at home I tried some fromwhereIstand snaps which failed miserably as I haven't quite figured out how to use my new iPhone X.

So here's a snippet of my mixed checks...  (I just realised it's basically a crotch shot)




Pathetic I agree!  My point for today was... why not try to mix up two different checks in your outfit.  Pants from H&M (similar HERE) and J.Crew shirt (HERE).

It was done beautifully in the Balenciaga show for Spring 2018 (HERE), and you can go as subdued or as loud with this trend as you want. 

I am on my second day this week of the 5/2 Intermittent Fasting Diet (more HERE).  My husband and I have decided to do it together, so I have high hopes we can stick to our two-month initial goal.  As I was busy today it wasn't too hard but now that I can smell the lovely scent of stir-fry being cooked in the kitchen I am very ready for this fasting day to be over.

See you back tomorrow with a more complete outfit.

Lots of love and thanks for reading,
xx Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment