Monday, March 5, 2012

DIY


I did a post the other day with my most often worn clothes including a JCrew khaki field jacket. As I couldn't stop thinking afterwards great way to turn present readers into past readers, Yinnie! I watched the Burberry Prorsum show on www.vogue.com and saw that it would only need a bit of crafty styling skill to make a boring old field jacket into next fall's hot coat. DIY is in my family's blood - at least I think it is from looking at my offsprings talents. My 6-year old cut off a brand new pair of jeans on Sunday, saying they'd be so much more comfortable - they now have the ragged edges made fashionable by stone age fashion hotties Wilma, Betty and Pebbles. I am sooo glad these jeans didn't come from Jacadi. And my boy's entry for last year's school T-shirt design project was nothing short of astonishing. Rockets, colorful dynamite, and bombs, the stuff to make mums feel warm and fuzzy inside.


For proper fashion DIY ideas, Hong Kong blogger Geneva shows you how to re-create lots of fashionable looks at home in her blog www.apair-andaspare.blogspot.com. As for the field jacket, Christopher Bailey makes it look new with a colorful belt, a funny owl T-shirt and a pencil skirt. But I particularly like the second picture where the field jacket has been cropped into a shorter style. That looks really cute. I may have to ask my daughter to cut it for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment