Friday, February 2, 2018

No amateur skincare review yet... sorry!



I've been busy running around town with errands as it is almost Chinese New Year, and local Hong Kongers always make sure their house is in tip top shape before the holiday. I think it's bad luck if you don't.  So I am tackling the little jobs which have been neglected like lightbulbs, watch batteries, and tailoring.

On the evening I took this rush hour photo a Blue Moon passed through town. I missed it, but a supermoon was low in the sky early on the 1st of February, seemingly smack in front of my house as I walked my daughter to her school bus at 6.44 AM.

I know I promised an amateur skincare review in my next post, but as I was writing it, I realized I was not giving it my best. 



These were the products I was planning to review:
Rodial Bee Venom Night
Chanel Le Lift Concentré Yeux
Natura Bissé The Cure Sheer Eye

I am particularly keen on finding good eye products because no matter what I do (good sleep, bad sleep, alcohol or none, concealer or foundation), I always have blue-ish shadows under my eyes like below.


Me with a full face of make-up in my kitchen this morning but yet still the blue under-eye spots. Apologies it was taken from quite far away as a full outfit pic, so the cropping has made me a bit blurry.

Anine Bing shirt (similar HERE)
J.Crew jumper (HERE)




I spent some time at The Mandarin (the old Mandarin as we refer to it here in the 852 - there is also a new modern Mandarin Oriental Hotel, which is very much not The Mandarin, it can't even begin to compete).

If it seems I have a mischievous smirk on my face - that's because the bathroom attendant told me no photos - I ignored her of course, as there wasn't even anyone in there.  What ridiculous rule is that?  I need to bring my friend Fi there after a night out.



Such an instagrammable bathroom. Who would not take a pic in here?

But anyway, the review.  I am working on it, and hope to have it for you soon in a new format.

Lots of love, dear readers,

xx Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment