Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Ultimate Cheap & Chic Buy Of The Week: H&M Pale Blue Denim Skirt



This H&M pale blue skirt is well made from midweight stretchy denim.  It's got a finished rough hem, and the color is very pretty.  It looks much more expensive than its 299 HKD (HERE).  Today I also received a ten times more expensive pale denim skirt from Goldsign (HERE) but the H&M version is giving it a run for its money.  Not sure yet if I will keep the Goldsign one, although I love the gold buttons.

The grey jumper is my very best buy of last season.  I wore it to death but it still looks like new.  The tighter cashmere weave means no pilling at all, none whatsoever.  The shape is fantastic.  Next time I am in London I will hunt for different colors.  Find it HERE.


The Chanel bag I got as a wedding anniversary gift last year.  I am just starting to really love it, after at first wondering if it was too much a of seasonal bag with the studs.  I now take it out virtually every day and I have stopped being worried about putting it on the floor or getting it scratched.

If you don't use your nice things, what's the point of having them?

The result of heavy use is, however, that even very expensive Chanel bags will start looking worse for wear.  There is no way to get around this but it doesn't matter if you have enjoyed carrying it.  Fashion is not an investment, no matter what any magazine tells you.


Or maybe this should be my ultimate cheap and chic buy of the week:  a HKD 170 necklace from COS.  Cheaper than a lipgloss, this is such a fun accessory to wear in anticipation of spring.  Find it HERE.



A VAT-less airport splurge:  navy and black Chanel slingbacks.  I had a pair of well-loved lookalikes which convinced me it would be money well spent to get the real thing.



Almost Chinese New Year here in the 852!

Hope you are all having a lovely day,

xx Dianne


PS.  Tell me in the comments which denim skirt you like best?




No comments:

Post a Comment