Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Update on my amateur skincare review: Rodial Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel has run out already



I bought this Rodial Dragon's Blood Kit in London about two months ago.
I used some of the cleansing water which was pretty good but not for eye makeup removal, because the acid in it stings the eyes quite badly.  My bad, I should have read ingredients.

Since I recently bought a jar of the Rodial Bee Venom Night gel, and was interested in doing a review, I decided to use my unopened jar of the above Dragon's blood sculpting gel as my daytime moisturizer for the same review.

The salesperson in Marks and Spencer sold me the kit on the basis that it was a great chance to try out full size products at a very good trial price.


Unfortunately after only a few days of use, the dragon's blood product is already finished.  I used two pumps per day.

On closer inspection I found that the yellow jar has 50 ml of product while the orange jar contains only 9 ml of product.  Way to cheat the customers!  Comparing the jars it's pretty reasonable to expect the orange jar would contain at least half the amount of the yellow one.


And here is the same orange jar with a content of only 9 ml next to a much smaller jar of cream, which actually contains no less than 15 ml.

I did really like the product, but won't be buying it again.

As far as the bee venom night gel, I am still using that and I really love it.  The texture is divine, and the gel smooths on so beautifully that not that much is needed.  The scent faintly reminds me of mixed wildflowers at the end of summer, a vague sweetness, but not too much at all - every night I try to inhale the smell to figure out exactly what it is, because it is so lovely.  As far as results, I haven't seen a real difference but it is a wonderfully luxurious gel.

I know myself though, and I really hate the thought of being ripped off, so at this point I am not entirely sure how I feel about buying more Rodial.  Was it the fault of the M&S salesperson to claim the kit had full size products?  Or is Rodial to blame for putting a tiny bit of product in a misleadingly huge pot?

Do you think I am overreacting?

xx Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment