Thursday, December 7, 2017

You bought it, now you'd better wear it



Mild but hazy weather in the Hong Kong Christmas season.



We decorated our second (this time real) tree without a plan and without my usual anal symmetrical precision and I love how it turned out.   The house smells beautifully of noble fir.



And now I am trying to figure out what to wear this weekend for a Christmassy birthday dinner at The China Club.

I bought this dress on 50 per cent sale 2 years ago...  was that a good idea?  Probably not.  It was one of those moments where I imagined myself to be a cool New Yorker in my The Row dress, and that somehow my coolness could make this dress not look like 1987 Donna Karan*. 

So now I am trying to shame myself.  You bought it, now you'd better wear it.

It's quite funny, my twelve year old has started to do the same - and when you do end up wearing something your were not sure about, very often your doubts disappear.

Now I have to figure out if I have Spanx strong enough to hold me in.  Then I am thinking some modern earrings (like THESETHESE or THESE kitschy lovelies).

The Row dress, HERE.


*  And it's not just Donna Karan's clothes that are 30 years out of touch - her take on Harvey Weinstein was quite a shocker (HERE).




No comments:

Post a Comment