Sunday, December 3, 2017

Why not bring some colour into your winter (and try out some alpaca while you're at it)



Zara coat HERE
Isabel Marant Étoile jumper HERE
Maison Kitsuné jeans, similar HERE
Saint Laurent boots HERE


Although I love a full black or grey outfit in winter, I live in a subtropical climate, and sometimes all that darkness looks out of place next to the palm trees. 

When it does get cooler in January and February my favourite way to keep some brightness in my outfits is by wearing off-white jeans.  The jumper is from Isabel Marant Étoile, a mix of alpaca and regular wool, in the prettiest pale blue which will go beautifully with my Zara coat.  I wore that coat for four days straight in London last week and loved every minute.  I saw two other girls in it on the King's Road, but I didn't mind at all - one of them walked towards me near the Duke of York Square and we both smiled at each other knowingly.  There are still some left at Zara now - I highly recommend.

Isabel Marant has been using a lot of alpaca wool this season, and I love the feel of it. It's featherlight and doesn't seem to pill very much. I think companies have become interested in alpaca for the past few years because it's reportedly more sustainable than cashmere (read more about that HERE).




No comments:

Post a Comment