Friday, December 29, 2017

My First Outfit for Dry January



Tibi velours top, HERE
White jeans, similar HERE or HERE
Very old Zara studded shoes, similar HERE or HERE
J.Crew jacket, now sold out, but similar HEREHERE or HERE
Chanel bag, now sold out, but similar HERE or HERE


There is no way I will stop drinking for January.  A great glass of wine or champagne with dinner is one of life's true pleasures.  As Dr Michael Apstein argues in his article on dry January (HERE):


Some people believe that ‘giving your liver a rest’ by abstaining from alcohol for a month or so is beneficial. In fact, there’s no science to support this practice, nor does it make sense physiologically. The liver can metabolise a small and steady amount of alcohol without difficulty.

If you think you need to take a month off, you’re either drinking too much during the rest of the year or you have a guilty conscience.


My own version of Dry January pertains to shopping, and the good doctor's argument applies there as well:  if you think you need a month off, you've either indulged too much or have a guilty conscience.  That's pretty much the case for me when it comes to buying fashion.

It's a fact that I buy too many clothes and shoes, and I'd like to try and break the habit.

So my plan for January is that I buy nothing at all.  I will post an outfit every day and no doubt I will have more than enough clothes to go around.  I am a tiny bit worried about the end of the month when I will be in London for a week, because the shops there are ridiculously tempting.  But I am going to be strong.

To make sure you don't miss any of my January outfits, enter your email above (thank you so much - I very much appreciate it) and follow me on Instagram, @fashionexpat, where I will be posting additional pictures not on the blog.

xx Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment