Friday, December 15, 2017

This Christmas you can never have too many...



Lip balms.  Even in Hong Kong my lips are cracked and dry.  Kiss Mix is the very best lip balm I have ever tried.  It's been on my bedside table for years.  Buy it HERE.



Scented candles.  'Tis the season!  My current favorite is Byredo's Bibliothèque, which (to an untrained nose like mine) smells mostly of vanilla but with some fruitiness and leather thrown in. It's beautifully subtle and goes really well with the scent of Christmas trees.  Find it HERE.



Make-up brushes.  During the festive season I like my make-up to match the mood, but as sparkly eyeshadow can clog brushes I use a separate set for glittery shades.  Real Techniques are my absolute favorites because they have a huge assortment of professional products which also happen to be very affordable.  The brushes are made with artificial hair, which makes them super easy to clean.
Find them HERE.



Reading Glasses.  The kitchen, the office, the bedroom - I keep reading glasses everywhere nowadays.  It's been about four years since I can't read anything without my collection of trusty Warby Parkers. 

I go out of my way to avoid buying Luxottica eyeglasses (THIS is why) but aside from that, I just love Warby Parker style.  Micky Drexler is on the board, and we all know how awesome he looks in his retro clear frames. 

These brown and blue specs are my latest ones.  Use a forwarding shipper (Like THIS one) to send them to Hong Kong or make Warby Parker the first stop on your American vacation.  Find them HERE.



Cosy socks.  These cheap and cheerful socks are from H&M, because in our damp cold house without central heating slippers alone are not enough.  H&M carry chenille socks HERE online but these Christmas editions came from the store in Festival Walk in Kowloon Tong.



No comments:

Post a Comment