Sunday, December 10, 2017

J.Crew and @floralflowerist team up for a wreath making workshop



I won't give up my day job.






Stunning unexpected table setting by @floralflowerist.  The combination of black and white graphic table cloths, stripy linen aprons, and rustic decorations in antique gold cups was extraordinarily beautiful.



If you like flowers or flower arranging, check out @floralflowerist on Instagram. You can take courses, or I suppose you can just buy flowers as well.  I like their take on a modern bouquet.  Making wreaths was such a lovely treat, arranged by J.Crew in their IFC store.

I have been wearing rather a lot of J.Crew again this season.  The dark red jumper below was a perfect purchase from J.Crew in London earlier in the season - I love it so much that I pretty much wear it with everything.  The cobalt blue trousers and the multi-color metallic shoes (both J.Crew although the shoes are from last year) seemed perfect companions.  As I pretty much always find myself trying to tone down all things shiny, I carried a casual canvas bag and was happy as a clam in my super comfortable clothes all day on Friday.

If you don't want to spend a lot on a whole new look for the festive season, get out some of your more colourful clothes and try to combine them in unusual ways. The blue trousers would also go beautifully with bottle green, fuchsia pink, or mustard yellow.  Or if you want to pair a brighter trouser with a neutral, choose a camel or heather gray instead of black.  Then make sure you wear a slightly deeper colour of lipstick or lipgloss - you don't have to go super dark, just a bit more intensity to match your colourful clothes.



J. Crew trousers (HERE)
J.Crew jumper (HERE)
J.Crew rose gold oil slick pumps (last year's, but similar HERE or HERE)
Canvas bag from Shenzhen with pins from the Victoria and Albert Museum (from an earlier post HERE)



No comments:

Post a Comment