Sunday, January 12, 2014

What is BB cream???

Guerlain Beauty Booster make-up and eye shadow compact

I totally love this Guerlain Beauty Booster product. The girl at Harvey Nichols claimed it is not foundation, instead it's meant to smooth out all kinds of lines and spots, and additionally give sun protection and a tiny bit of coverage. But she did say I have to use a day cream first.

I am not sure about all the line improving and spot reducing claims, but if you pretend it's a foundation, then it's absolutely brilliant. Interestingly, it covers way more than my previous foundation, Armani Luminous Silk, and it is rather matte. There are only 2 colors, light and medium, and after initially buying medium I have now bought light as well and mix them together to get a shade in between.

The eye shadow is beyond brilliant. So smooth and so easy to apply. I don't think I have ever come across a better eye shadow. I still don't know what BB cream actually is - since I have asked the question I should research the answer, but I am too much of a cynic to waste my time. I suspect it's a catchy name invented by make-up companies to get you to buy something you already had in your drawer. But if you finished what's in your drawer give this one a try, because it's really quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment