Monday, January 6, 2014

Paris Vogue has identified...

...the following trends for Spring 2014:  arty fabrics, gold pleating, tribal fabrics, powder pink, flower prints, transparent white, sportswear, delicate pleating, summer furs, romantic lace, disco dresses, black and white windowpane checks, neo biker, geometric shapes, iridescence, nautical, urban jungle, black netting, polka dot, and finally, fringe.
Whoever edited this story, should go read their job description: e-d-i-t-o-r.

I did not go lyrical at the sight of the spring collections, but a few things stayed with me, and I may try to work them into to my wardrobe this spring.  All photos from www.vogue.com.

the relaxed trousers at Isabel Marant - I am sooooooooooo sick of skinny jeans and these could be a great replacement

black and white graphic print over powder pink at Balenciaga - I loved this show, well done Alexander Wang

the super glam evening dresses at Gucci - the lines feel at bit art nouveau and I love the subtle coloring of the shiny pattern - this dress would be so adorable as a mini dress as well

No comments:

Post a Comment