Wednesday, January 8, 2014

No more PJs at Tesco


You can't wear PJ's but plenty of really comfy clothes in the shops right now

Coat by Isabel Marant
Comfortable low heeled boots by Saint Laurent
Red bracelets by Hermès
Pleated roomy trousers by Phillip Lim
Jersey top by Phillip Lim

It's been about 3 years now since Tesco banned people wearing pajama's from shopping there. I may never have gone into Tesco with PJ's but I have definitely done the London school run in PJ's covered by Gucci tall boots and and a big Max Mara overcoat. I had 2 very little ones then, no domestic help like here in Hong Kong, and there were some winter days I wouldn't get out of those PJ's at all. My kids are 8 and 10 now, and life has become so much easier. I remember ever so often the more established mums would throw us stressed and frazzled newbies a look of utter disdain, which would get us motivated to make an effort for the school gates. Motivational effects aside, why are women so unkind to each other? Mental note: must make a real effort to be kind to other women at all times. Life gets busy and we end up rushing around and maybe not always making enough effort. For 2014 I am going to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment