Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fathers and Daughters

I think it was Madeline Albright, the first woman Secretary of State of The United States of America, who said, and I paraphrase, that successful women often have adoring fathers. Here are my husband and daughter - we had an early sushi dinner on Saturday when our son had a sleepover with his dear friend Sam, who is sadly leaving soon for boarding school in England.

My adoring husband father told her she should put on some nice city clothes, after all we were going to a proper grown up sushi place. She chose her purple and silver jumpsuit from Juliet and the Band (find it HERE) and her silver shoes from Bisgaard (available at the best kids' shoe shop in Hong Kong, Apple and Pie - find it HERE).

I walked behind them and thought, gosh, I miss my mum and my dad, and I loved how seeing the two of them walking hand in hand made me think of the importance of family. Here in Hong Kong, most of us don't have our families. We have lots of fast and loose social contacts, and ever flowing champagne to make us feel better. But there are few people you can trust like your family. We miss you Amy and Apa, Tijn and Debby, Fleur and Stijn xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment