Friday, August 9, 2013

A Favorite Fashion Image: Les Copains

Les Copains ad from Vogue Italia March 1984.  I always think this woman is somewhere on a beach in the Hamptons, going out for a stroll after dinner... (Photo taken from my own copy of the magazine).

Having been concerned lately about the ridiculous amount of Photoshop in the magazines I read daily, I love going back to my very old issues more than ever. There is something about people with flaws that is far more interesting than perfection. I read on www.manrepeller.com that the September issues of US magazines have not exactly been flying out the stores. Street style blogs with regular people, however, enjoy unprecedented popularity. Interesting - I don't know where all this is headed but I do know I am going to skip the September issues myself this year. I just don't think I will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment