Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fashion on Facebook and some digressing along the way

I have been very lazy this week and have accomplished nothing. It started on the weekend when I had a proper browse around Facebook. You know, actually looking at people's photos and stuff like that. A very handsome old boyfriend changed his profile picture and he is shirtless!  No wonder I got stuck in for hours.

I am not a good Facebooker - I forget about it for months, and then other times I get quite involved for a week or so. It's lovely to "like" things - it's a bit like saying "hey I noticed that, well done you, and by the way I hope you are well". In a warped way, Facebook can teach you more about people than real life interaction. I knew this couple once - one was an enthusiastic liker and commenter, always having a lovely word to say. The other was an enthusiastic poster - constant pictures of himself, achieving this, that, and the other - he spent a lot of time on Facebook for sure, but rarely liking or commenting on others. And when they broke up it wasn't actually a surprise - the giver had kept on giving and supporting for all these years, and the peacocky poser took it all without ever giving anything back.

And then there are things on Facebook that one couldn't like with all the best intentions in the world. Like the stories about cancer which inevitably end with the phrase: I know 95 per cent of people are not going to share this, but if you are against cancer, then I know you will share this. So those who don't share are for cancer? Who comes up with these demented posts that try to shame people into sharing them? And what is the upside for the creators? Advertising revenue? (I clearly have no clue how Facebook really works). Or how about the bits about what constitutes a good friend? A good friend will never forget you and a good friend blah blah blah - now you need to share this if you have a good friend like this. Seriously, "None of your damn business" should be one of the options under these posts. Hhhhmmmm, will I Like? Nope. Will I Share? Nope. Or will I None of your...? Click!

A rant a day keeps the doctor away, I'd like to think.

But I am digressing horribly. Because what I wanted to say (although I am realizing now that y'all are way more savvy than I am)  is that virtually every fashion company out there has a Facebook page and they are often much more up-to-date and fun, and easier to navigate, than their websites. So that's another thing I got stuck in for hours. I loooved of course the many pages by Chanel - therefore the gorgeous picture below, nicked from their official page.

By the way, the old boyfriend's shirtless picture only showed him up to chest level. How wrong would it be for me to ask if we can get a top to toe version???? I'm just saying....

The lovely Jeanne Moreau having a tête-a-tête with Madame Chanel

Halston ultra suede shirtdress - how excellent is this picture?

Balenciaga store in LA! I am going there in October!!

Dior nail polish in the olden days - a bit like Céline's nails nowadays...

No comments:

Post a Comment