Sunday, June 30, 2013

Actresses on Vogue covers




I barely opened the Carey Mulligan issue of Vogue, because I couldn't be less interested in fashion from The Great Gatsby. Especially when it lacks any modern interpretation whatsoever. Then Saturday night, a few minutes before our airport pick-up, I opened it and took a quick look. It actually has a brilliant editorial with Carolyn Murphy.
I know Anna Wintour says in all the documentaries that her decision to put celebrities on the cover has made the magazine an incomparable success but I guess we'll never know what would have happened if she'd stuck with models. The magazine may have been absolutely fine. Vogue Paris, although not as big as its US cousin, certainly has never been afraid to feature models. Anyway, if I hadn't had 10 minutes to kill with the magazine sitting conveniently next to me, I would have never even opened it.

Photo from www.vogue.com

photo from www.vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment