Sunday, June 9, 2013

Memory Lane 1980s edition

all volume all the way - oversized shirt, pleated trousers and white shoes.....

Every time I see a new picture of myself I hate it. And there's no amount of Valentino shoes or Chanel jackets that will make me feel different. Way back I was a perfectly nice looking young teenager, yet still I hated every picture. In those days I think I hated my cheeks and my chin - what a bloody waste of time. I knew I wasn't chosen for this cycling event because I looked a certain way, I was chosen because my dad was a big sponsor. So rather than just enjoy the moment, I still found reason to doubt myself.

And now 25 years later (!) I look at all those young pictures and wonder why I couldn't see then what I see now - that I may not have been a beauty queen, but I looked perfectly nice and I should not have been obsessing about my cheeks or my chin!

When I am 60 will I think the same about the pictures from right now in 2013???

No comments:

Post a Comment