Sunday, June 16, 2013

Spring is now and Clare is my girl

Volume with just the right proportions - all runway photos from www.vogue.com

Best outfit in the show!!!!! (on a model who looks exactly like Charlotte Casiraghi)

dress over shorts

Since the Spring 2013 collections were shown on the runways last year, another 4 seasons of fashion have happened. Since then there have been Pre-Fall 2013 Ready-to-Wear shows, Spring Couture 2013 shows, Fall 2013 Ready-to-Wear shows, Resort 2014 shows. It's exhausting just to write it down. This morning I thought I'd go back and have a look at what designers proposed last year for spring - in other words, for right now. And for me, Clare Waight Keller's collection for Chloe best represents what I want to wear this spring.

The second to last picture (white skirt and tank with arrows) is my favorite outfit from the show. I love those arrows in particular because they remind me of some seriously fun and over-the-top clothes Karl Lagerfeld made for Chloe in the early eighties. She managed to bring those arrows back and make them minimalist and modern. Just gorgeous. By the way I can't afford Chloe - so I'm hoping the people at COS liked Clare's clothes as much as I did!

Karl Lagerfeld for Chloe Fall 1983 with the arrow dress in the middle - photo taken from my own copy of Vogue Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment