Saturday, March 29, 2014

Feeling homesick for Zermatt

If I had to name a place where I feel happiest, I wouldn't hesitate a second to answer you: in the high Alps. I have not been back to the high Alps since we moved to Hong Kong, but got hit by a bout of extreme nostalgia this week when dining at fave Cipriani, where the ladies rooms are decorated with beautiful pictures of Italian mountains.

Cipriani tuna carpaccio with spicy avocado

Although I often tell people back home in the West that it is impossible to assimilate in Hong Kong, I have become rather Hong Kongish in my insistence to take a photo of every dish on the table before it is touched. This tuna carpaccio was delicious.

Ladies room nostalgia at Cipriani

There are few things as beautiful as the branches of fir trees weighed down by heavy snow. It is high time I find my way back to the Alps.

photo taken on a family vacation in 2006

view from our apartment

eating rösti outside and drinking ice cold pints of beer after a long hike - and then some guys with giant horns showed up

No comments:

Post a Comment