Friday, July 26, 2013

Mini Break: Bangkok Thailand

An oasis by the river in a h-u-g-e city

The grounds and temples around the Grand Palace are breathtakingly beautiful. The crowds are overwhelming, but we probably went at the worst time of day. This place is so stunning, you simply don't know where to look.

Fit for a queen - the detail on roofs and walls everywhere is like nothing I have ever seen. Traditional Thai architecture is so unlike the modern simple lines of Dutch architecture - this is probably the most different place I have ever found myself in terms of design principles. Truly fit for a queen.

And what a beautiful queen she is... How many times can I say beautiful in one post? Queen Sirikit is gorgeous and has great style.

This picture was taken for Vogue/Conde Nast. I think this dress was on display at the museum.

From the 1960s but entirely modern - my favorite fashion image in a very long time. Belts similar to this one were displayed at the museum and the intricate metal workmanship explained on video. The photos of the queen are from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment