Monday, July 29, 2013

Fresh Silhouette

When I said the other day that I haven't seen anything new enough to entice me to go shopping I forgot to mention this slightly grown up version of a ra ra skirt. There is one tier at the bottom which looks like a ruffle because it was cut on the bias. These skirts aren't exactly new (I bought a version 3 seasons ago from Carven in black leather) but now that Balenciaga and Givenchy have done ruffles as well, the high street shops have fully embraced the trend. This skirt's pinstripes emphasize the bias effect. From Zara.

And here is an entirely gratuitous (but often used) photo of me looking thin in my Carven leather skirt. You'll have to excuse me for posting it yet again. I am feeling less than thin today after a gluttonous weekend in Bangkok and with a bum knee that is not improving. I need to inspire myself to finish today's fast day successfully!! (I am doing The Fast Diet by Michael Mosley). The top is old from COS and the necklace from Duchessa Jewels (see previous post for more about that).

No comments:

Post a Comment