Saturday, March 5, 2011

Amaya

I started out in life spending money in Dutch Guilders. Then came US Dollars, and British Pounds - those units were all close enough in value that you weren't as likely to take out your calculator, like you would trying to figure out the value of a million Italian Lire. So slowly but surely a guilder became a dollar became a pound, increasing my spending along the way. Hong Kong, however, still managed to shock me. After 2 years in this city I still can't believe the prices of clothes and shoes here. But I guess that's got something to do with the out-of-control property prices.

There are of course many dirt cheap clothes and shoes to be found at markets here. Quality to match, may I add. But to find a pretty (reasonably) inexpensive shoe in Lane Crawford is a real pleasure. That's where Amaya comes in. Go check them out - these set me back 1400 HK Dollars and are totally comfortable and cute. There is also a black leather version.

No comments:

Post a Comment