Sunday, October 27, 2013

I want to live in a Nancy Meyers' house

kitchen in the Beverly Hills mansion of The Holiday

living room in the English cottage of The Holiday

Napa house in The Parent Trap

bedroom in It's Complicated

living room in It's Complicated

kitchen in It's Complicated

sitting room in Something's Gotta Give

What do the movies Its Complicated, Something's Gotta Give, The Holiday, and The Parent Trap have in common? It's the director, Nancy Meyers.

I want to live in a world designed by Nancy Meyers. A hospital stay for my little one resulted in a revisit of the classics for kids - The Parent Trap always high on our list. You can't watch it of course without wondering how that adorable Lindsay Lohan became Lilo, but for me the surprise this time was in the credits: I had no idea Nancy Meyers directed it. And just like in all her movies, I want to live in those decors - in this movie I can't decide whether I want the house in London or the rustic yet modern ranch in Napa.

Or what about The Holiday? The cozy cottage in the snow white fields of a post card perfect English village, or the Beverly Hills mansion with all the modern comforts in the world.  And let's talk about the Santa Barbara house in It's Complicated with its cozy kitchen - I'd love to cook if I had that lovely space. And the house in Something's Gotta Give: has there ever been a more perfect Hamptons house on film?

Says she who has spent the last 17 of the last 20 years in rentals.

No comments:

Post a Comment