Friday, March 22, 2013

It's all about the shoes


New khaki Celine sandals next to Alexander Wang, zipper detail Givenchy, white oxfords by Robert Clergerie, and the black paint splattered flats are eons old Louboutin from Harrods and my London life.

I start my day every single day with my shoes. I think where I will be going - will I be walking on the smooth shiny floors of the IFC? Or the hills and steps of Soho? I look at the weather - rain and suede don't mix, neon pink looks forced in grey weather, extreme heat will make my feet swell up into blistery balls of fire. Then I may have a quick check of my pedi to see if it's fresh enough for sandals. From there I move up to the legs, the top, the make-up, the sunglasses.

I saw a great comment from a reader on the www.manrepeller.com. The girl was very frank and said when she spots another girl wearing something "in-the-know", she hopes to get the girl's attention so that she in turn will notice her own "in-the-know-ness", so to speak.  We all consider ourselves part of a tribe, right? So I should add that subconsciously I maintain another criterion for picking shoes in the morning: I consider who I am going to see or meet that day.  Like if I was meeting Sarah Rutson for example (I don't know Sarah Rutson!!!), I would be slapping as much Celine on my body as it could hold. There's no better way on March 23, 2013 to tell a fashion insider that you consider yourself a fashion insider than through Celine. It's an expensive tribe, fashion.

my feet in Celine, my legs in Phillip Lim - now where the hell is Sarah Rutson

No comments:

Post a Comment