Wednesday, March 13, 2013

About knees and skirts

Long, longer, longest. Skirts by J.Crew (left and middle) and COS (right).

Before my recent move, I threw out quite a few skirts. I just never wore them, so they had to go.  But since I have started wearing the graphic J.Crew skirt on the left, I love skirts again. Yesterday I came across a picture of actress Diane Lane (who I love love love) and suddenly it hit me why I've had a change of heart - because my more recent purchases are much longer than the reject skirts. Knees are ugly, and longer skirts that cover them at least partially just look much more attractive to me at this point in time. I say at this point, because undoubtedly this has to do with the mood in fashion, but that is a good thing. It means there are many longer skirts around to choose from. If you are not super slim a good rule to go by is that the bottom of the skirt should be nearly as wide as the circumference of your hips. That creates a nice straight line from the hip down, while your waist will look much slimmer.


The over-the-knee dresses at Bottega Veneta for Fall 2013) were breathtakingly beautiful. Both pictures from www.vogue.com

Diane Lane seems to favor skirts just on or over the knee - and looks amazing in them

No comments:

Post a Comment