Friday, August 24, 2018

Chanel Jacket At Zara - An Impulse Buy For Dinner



Zara jacket (HERE)
J.Crew jeans (similar HERE
Dior shoes (HERE)
Zara T-shirt (HERE)

I felt such instant guilt buying this jacket for a dinner outfit that my subsequent purchase was a yellow notebook which I used to write down all my personal expenses since our arrival in London.

The thing is, other than for accessories and shoes, I am mostly a high street shopper, and I've become part of a cycle of waste that I am not proud of:  buying cheap and cheerful trends and discarding them after a season (read more about the true cost of fashion HERE).  Moving to London felt like a fresh start, and hopefully the impetus to change my shopping ways.

I promised myself to buy nothing at all until our shipment from Hong Kong arrived.  I would unpack my fashion possessions in the new house, and taking into consideration my future life in London I would slowly, slowly consider shopping again.




I loved my dinner outfit, but must try to get back on the plan.  The yellow notebook will make a difference, I think.  Seeing all my purchases right there in blue and white, demanding not to be forgotten, will hopefully over time make my personal difference to a fast growing problem.





Early evening in Farringdon looking back at Smithfield Market.  Strangely quiet moment in a bustling, charmingly messy area.


If you too want to keep away from the shops, you've got three days left to get to the Bacon and Freud exhibition at the Tate Modern.


Happy Bank Holiday Weekend, everyone!

Lots of love,
Dianne xxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment