Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Good Hair Days Are Everything And The Service At Dior Is Out Of This World



I am popping up everywhere!

There is an Alaïa retrospective at the Design Museum on High Street Kensington.

I've really missed these things called museums.  Hong Kong is not big on them.




As I described in my last post I had instantly become depressed a few days ago after my confrontation with a rude cosmetics salesman, but today was the total opposite of that.

What makes a day into a great day?  It feels you can never quite control it, although it does seem to help if you meet kindness during your day.  This is maybe where Oprah would say you control it by being generous of spirit in the first place, and then kindness will come right back to you.

I do think there is a point to that.  When you randomly smile at people or hold a door just a bit longer for someone behind you, you will receive positive energy right back.

The people at Dior in Bond Street are masters at it.  They have customer service down pat.  Enquiring about a bag for a beautiful Hong Kong friend, there was lots of friendly information but no pressure.  I was shown the entire stunningly beautiful store by an eloquent young Frenchman named Bocar and felt like a princess when I finally left the store having purchased nothing.

It also helped that I had a good hair day.  I haven't had a chance to take care of it properly, but this morning I had some time.  And my dress is an impulse buy from Zara, after I'd become well and truly sick of the limited wardrobe I am currently living with.


Zara dress, find it HERE


The dress is nothing special, but somehow it makes me feel like a million bucks.  Why does that happen sometimes?  Tomorrow I could buy another loose fitting cotton summer dress that will never make me feel the same way.  Is there anyone out there whose every purchase is a perfect price-per-wear miracle?

Let me know if that is the case for you.  I want to know your secrets.  Although good hair definitely helps.

Thank you, dear readers, for coming with me to England.

Lots of love xxxxxx 
Dianne





No comments:

Post a Comment