Friday, August 10, 2018

An Unfortunate Brush With Meteorite Eye Cream Leads Me To Deciem's Hylamide



I've been walking the rainy streets of London for the last few days, trying to get some exercise while rediscovering this beautiful city.  Mixing stripes, checks and bouclĂ© (or more truthfully: these clothes happened to be clean), I was feeling not half bad about myself...

Zara yellow jacket 
(HERE, not following my own advice about wearing color with more color, 
but I hope I can be excused as I am still living out of a suitcase...)


... until I had a very unfortunate experience in the Westfield shopping mall in Shepherd's Bush yesterday.  I got lured in by a salesman at a Celestolite pop-up (skincare with meteorites, no kidding) because I felt bad for him, but within seconds he'd told me the wrinkles under my eyes make me look ten years older and only his product would be able to fix it.

He was not only unpleasant, he was also ignorant because after demanding to know what skincare I use he seemed flummoxed when I mentioned La Roche-Posay hyaluronic acid, The Ordinary resveratrol and ferulic acid, and The Ordinary glycolic acid, alongside Vintner's Daughter botanical and essential oil serum.  He had no clue about skincare.  He was just a pushy salesman.  

And yet I still felt really upset afterwards.  I've just moved from Hong Kong to London, have not been sleeping well, and am stressed about my daughter leaving for boarding school soon; the last thing I have been thinking about is whether my under eye skin looks okay.

I worried about his insults enough to take a long walk to Deciem in Covent Garden, where I tearfully explained to the lovely and knowledgeable sales assistant that I needed to fix my eyes.  She recommended two products from Deciem's Hylamide line, which unlike many of Deciem's products are a combination of multiple ingredients rather than just one.




I used them last night and woke up relaxed in the knowledge that I am making under eye progress.  I absolutely love Deciem's light weight serums and haven't used any creams since I have discovered them.  Although I had planned to visit the Covent Garden shop anyway, it still bothers me that I let that man person get to me.  Stupid man person.

Find Deciem HERE, and for more information check out Gothamista on youtube, who does a great review HERE and HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment