Sunday, August 19, 2018

Waking Up In Farringdon I Finally Unpack My Larger Suitcase Where I Find These Dior Mary Janes



Finding myself in a clean apartment I finally unpack some of my clothes.  I grab a light and fluffy LoveShackFancy jumper from my friend Jane's lovely store, Jordan Baker, find it HERE.
Dior Mary Janes, HERE
Isabel Marant Étoile jeans, HERE

London has the best short cuts.


I add my chunky Mango rings and feel like a million bucks.  August is not a great month for shopping, unless you are looking for sale dregs, because most new season clothes have not yet arrived.  At this time I love finding a fun accessory to brighten up the clothes I've been wearing for months.
Mango ring set, HERE




Passing some dream houses on our Sunday walk.  Yellow was my favorite color as a child.


Wine on the terrace rounds off a perfect day in London.

What's the difference between an expat and an immigrant, I have been wondering lately.  I suppose an expat knows she's abroad for a finite amount of time only whereas an immigrant is trying to make her new country home.

I think I'd be happy to spend a very long time here in London, but expat life makes one restless, and committing to a lifetime in one place becomes unfathomable after experiencing life away from home (although for those born in New York City, Paris, or London I can see going home would not be a hardship posting).

Hong Kong already seems a lifetime ago, but I miss my friends like crazy.  Thinking of you all.

Thanks for reading.

Lots of love,

Dianne xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment