Friday, August 22, 2014

Vika Gazinskaya proves me wrong

photo by Phil Oh of Vogue

I adore this picture of Russian designer Vika Gazinskaya. I love the hair, the make-up and that infectious smile. I bet you are smiling right now just looking at her. Just the other day when I was wondering about the culottes trend for Fall, I expressed a strong dislike for the combination of long full skirts and pumps. But I happily admit I am wrong in this case. Even though Vika has chosen to wear both volume on top and volume on bottom, she looks perfectly balanced. This outfit reminds me of Italian design in the eighties, which was often quite pared down (with notable exceptions like Versace). Vika is clever and opinionated in a good way - read more about her HERE.

Vika Gazinskaya looking nothing like anyone else

No comments:

Post a Comment