Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas in Phillip Lim

With some time to kill in the afternoon I went to Lane Crawford's outlet in Ap Lei Chau, where I bought this silk dress from Phillip Lim's Fall 2012 runway. I had to buy a dress, because for Martine's Christmas party one makes a proper effort. The most stylish hostess in town, there was no way I was going to show up in something old (ha! of course my new Phillip Lim was already old, but you know what I'm saying). I am going to make a bold statement and say I styled the dress far better though...

After all, she serves her champagne in coupe glasses - and you can't hold a coupe glass in any old dress.

the hostess wore vintage navy Herve Leger

our matching Abel pumps - This Jimmy Choo style has such a nice line and a perfect heel height for a party. I wear them with dresses more than any other shoes, and I often think they are all you really need for evening. There's something mischievous in these, more so than in the equivalents at Louboutin or Blahnik. Although Tamara Mellon is no longer at Jimmy Choo, I will gladly keep buying the Abel.

No comments:

Post a Comment