Thursday, November 14, 2013

Random inspirations

In this post I owe apologies to my husband and to all magazine editors I have ever insulted. And to you readers for not posting for a while. As you may have read before I have a small dress business called JDCamicetta with my friend Jane, and we have been preparing for a show, for new deliveries to stores and for next collection, which has all been hectic.

An interesting thing has been happening to me lately. The more we earn money with our own work, the harder it becomes to spend the cash. It is way easier to buy yet another pair of shoes when the money just appears into your possession on account of your husband's hard work. Now the Granvito Rossi boots I am currently eyeing represent possibly 5 days of hard work, which makes you think a lot harder - are those boots actually worth it.

I have at times been disdainful of magazine editors who whine about how hard it is to find the right models and locations (Carine Roitfeld of course) or how hard it is to come up with new stories (Sally Singer). Well, I still think Carine has got to get a grip, but do agree with Sally how hard it is to try and say something meaningful about fashion on a regular basis. I mean, here in Asia we are still reeling from last week's devastating typhoon in the Philippines - during weeks like these, it feels rather wrong to talk fashion.

But maybe I should just get over that. I love www.net-a-porter.com and love the short videos in which Kim Hersov styles runway clothes for real life. See last week's video HERE. Her fidgeting drives me nuts, but I do like how she talks so earnestly about the importance of a shoulder here, a hemline there. She is unapologetically doing her job and that doesn't mean in any way that she doesn't care about suffering in the rest of the world.

Quite a few random thoughts there, so now I will post a few random pictures, so you don't even have to bother reading this!


a bracelet that can also be a weapon

an old selfie to inspire me to swim harder - I can't fit those white jeans now

the perfect english country house - I'd rather have this one than the abbey proper

JDCamicetta hall of fame Fiona shirt

a faded gem from Shenzhen

Larisa proudly wears her Aussie designers - dress by Collette Dinnigan

more Aussie inspiration - paradise in the south west

statement necklaces

the real thing in the Met

No comments:

Post a Comment