Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blue and Ochre Water Color

picture taken from Vogue magazine

September US Vogue was a disappointment to me. I look forward to the September issue - Fall is by far the most interesting fashion season because you wear so many clothes in the cold. This one is so full of dull brown, grey and other murky colored advertisements, I could have done without 900 of its 916 pages. The above image of a Francesco Clemente water color painting serving as background for some colorful brooches was the only thing that made me pause. Ochre and blue are beautiful together and the David Webb beetle brooch reminds me of the wonderful light blue top and Delfina Delettrez pin that Shala Monroque wore at the Paris haute couture shows.

collage by hendrica on www.polyvore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment