Monday, May 7, 2018

Charlotte Tilbury at Lane Crawford And London In Spring



Charlotte with P and me

Last week I got invited to the Charlotte Tilbury launch in Lane Crawford by my well connected friend in the picture above, and it was for sure the highlight of my year.

One of Charlotte's makeup artists had painted my lips in a dramatic red, and I was completely starstruck when Charlotte commented it went well with my "pretty green eyes".  For a good 24 hours after I was walking on sunshine, grinning about the brief exchange all day.

I don't get compliments a lot nowadays.  That's no sad sob story, it's just a fact of life as a middle aged mom.  So when someone looks at you and sees just you, it's surprisingly lovely.

I am in London this weekend, walking around the neighborhoods we may end up living in, and on this beautiful spring weekend it all feels very exciting.




This is not some enchanted forest far outside of the city, it's just a pretty corner at the back of the Duke of York Square, smack in the middle of London.  

There are bloggers everywhere posing in front of the pastel houses of Bywater Street, and waiting in line to get a coveted terrace spot at Peggy Porschen, a cake shop on the corner of Elizabeth and Ebury Streets.




It's every aspiring influencer's dream photo, but in this case the rather disinterested and impatient boyfriend charged with taking the photos may not have succeeded.  Where is his giant, five lens DSLR camera?  Does he know nothing about capturing a pink cake?  She's come all this way to London, god knows how many bridges and tunnels were crossed, and he's not putting his heart into it at all.  I have a feeling this relationship is doomed.  

Last week in Hong Kong I walked past a similar scene, but this guy is taking his job seriously.




Instagram is a bit ridiculous nowadays.  I love a pink picture as much as the next middle aged mom girl, but with many influencers posting exactly the same sponsored bags and outfits, in the exact same locations, I am desperate to find something fresh.  Let me know if you know some good accounts I should follow!




This jacket has been on my back for the last three days - it's lightweight, a linen mix, and perfect for the weather.  It's from Sandro, find it HERE.  My face is not camera ready - jet lag wrinkles all around.

I hope you are all enjoying this lovely Spring day, and thank you very much for reading.

xxxxx Dianne



No comments:

Post a Comment