Wednesday, April 25, 2018

What makes a great summer outfit? Mine includes my Jamin Puech raffia bag.


What outfit makes you feel your best?  When does a glance in the mirror give you an instant boost of confidence?

I have never felt that while wearing a dress, bar one single evening about six years and eight kilos ago when I was in the best shape of my life after two years of intensive personal training.  We were on a boat for my friend Gabriella's birthday and the dress was Kate Spade, and that was the only time I ever loved wearing a dress.




My preferred summer outfit consists of jeans and an easy top (this one from Zara comes in four colors HERE) and one of the best things about moving to London is that jeans are a year-round option in England. 

The worst thing about London is that the apartments and houses I have looked at barely have any storage, so holding on to clothes I don't wear is not an option.  The dresses have got to go.

I highly recommend this little top.  Tucked into jeans it looks easy and cool and the polka dots bring a bit of the seasonal trends into your outfit.  Polka dots also mix beautifully with checks.




I'd wear a medium heel shoe with it, this Dior style touches on another summer trend, transparency, and I love to mix in something that clashes, in this case an old raffia bag by Jamin Puech, which I bought in Paris on a trip with my friend Chris.  It's fun to buy new fresh stuff and start a new season, but it's also lovely to carry a bag that's a reminder of friendship and a lovely moment in time.




I am adding a necklace that's a gift from my kids and a gorgeous bunch of Hong Kong friends (HERE), and suddenly I am feeling like a million bucks.  Summer can do that to a person.

Hope you are all having a beautiful day,

xxxxxx Dianne







No comments:

Post a Comment