Wednesday, May 9, 2018

This J.Crew Dress Needs a Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Tote, And Maybe Some New Gucci Sneakers



J.Crew dress HERE
Saint Laurent tote HERE
Gucci trainers HERE


It was only a few weeks ago when I announced I will never buy a dress again.  And then summer came around and I made the mistake of walking into the J.Crew shop in IFC.  I mean, what the f is wrong with me.  I have no waist, I used to be straight up and down, but now I have a wine belly too, so dresses are not so good.  

This one, however, comes with a very loosely elasticated waist, so somehow it worked.  And the feeling of soft fluid fabric on a hot day is of course far preferable to my normal daily jeans.

The even bigger problem I have with dresses is that they make me look like a goody two-shoes middle aged mom person.  I have to accept the middle aged mom bit, but I'd like to think I have a cheeky side, however, when I put a dress on, any hint of edge or personality disappears in a flash.

So then I start thinking if I only had some really cool sneakers or a modern tote...  and suddenly there is an urgent need for more shopping. 



Sandro jacket HERE
Gucci espadrilles HERE
Valentino bag HERE


Or I try to make it too complicated with layers, mismatched prints, and overly fussy accessories.  I love those Gucci espadrilles, but they would have so much more impact with something simple.

Like I said two weeks ago, I should stay away from dresses!

I don't know if I will ever have my style fully sorted.  Am I the only one, or do you lovely readers out there still make fashion mistakes as well?

Lemme know if you have a minute,

xxxx Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment