Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Emma Hill's Question On The Viability of Blogs Has Got Me Rattled


Emma Hill is an extremely successful blogger with a large and very engaged following.  Since a year or so she has also become an effective and entertaining YouTuber and her Instagram is pretty great as well.

So when Emma questioned whether blogs are losing importance I took notice.  I have always written this blog because I liked it, and for a long time that was enough.  Now I wonder sometimes, when no great numbers of people have tuned in that day, what am I doing this for?

The lack of engagement on blogs, as opposed to Instagram, causes a lot of bloggers to throw in the towel and maybe I will at some point follow suit.  So far though, I love that this blog has become a record of my years in Hong Kong, and I think I am always going to love (and often cringe) looking back at that.

Aside from that serious stuff I am currently also totally obsessed with cutting out images and pasting them on new backgrounds.  They always look a bit haphazard and amateurish because I don't have photoshop but I rather like it that way; art therapy for failed conflicted bloggers.  So that could easily keep me going another seven years.  And it's keeping me away from watching American political programs which is much better for my health.

There, I've already answered my own question. What am I doing this for?  So that I don't have to see that orange numbskull running his hamburger breath trap on TV.


I'm in the clouds


I often promise I will never try to sell you anything and I am not doing so again today.  But I love this jacket so much I do highly recommend it, should you be in the market for a stripy blazer.  It's perfectly casual and cool but dressy at the same time.  My most loved item so far this spring.  I also posted it HERE.


dianne, right next to the bread basket - yessss


Beautiful Monica from 852West hosted a lovely lunch for Stuart Weitzman today.  I bought some modern mules, kind of like clogs but with a pretty heel.  I am so going to miss these kinds of events when I am in London...  I love how small Hong Kong is and how you always know everyone wherever you go.


prettiest table flowers


my mules - but on Gigi's legs


I may be rattled but I am just going to keep on making these slightly incoherent posts and not looking at my stats.  Hope you all are having a great week.

xxxx Dianne






No comments:

Post a Comment