Monday, March 5, 2018

Current Mood: Nostalgic About Hong Kong (As This Expat Is Moving)


If you are coming to Hong Kong for a visit in March, or between September and Christmas, I would highly recommend a weekday lunch visit to The Peak Lookout.  Take a seat in the garden with a friend, and just relax and take it all in.


Don't expect much from the food, but if you are hungry have a salad and share the salmon naan, and there's some perfectly adequate new world wine to choose from. The waiters will make constant mistakes, but they will say sorry sincerely and admit this happens all the time. And because you're having such a lovely time, you forgive them with a patient smile.



Before you know it, lunch has turned into the dinner, and outside just around the corner the southern views make for a great sunset vacation snap.


I've had nine years in this neighborhood and when I think of old friends who are no longer in Hong Kong, I so often remember the times I spent with them here, at this modest cafĂ©.  One particularly fun afternoon involved my friend Fi trying to convince the musak playing pianist to sing some Purple Rain Prince.  That awesome trouble maker is still here but our other lunch companion moved to Europe some time ago. Miss you Niecey.

Thanks for reading everyone, I very much appreciate it.

xx Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment