Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Hong Kong Is Full Of Women In Flip Flops (Get Ready For A Rant)


Please don't tell me it's that time of year already.

The first girl I spotted was wearing an attractive denim dress, but with some winter white legs sticking out, dry, and full of shaving nicks. She wore flip flops.  Her hair was tied back without much effort but the result wasn't exactly effortless.

I obsess over clothes and outfits many hours a day, but this girl confirmed to me once again that it doesn't matter what you buy or wear if the resulting outfit isn't supported by a modicum of maintenance.  Arms, legs and hair that are not well cared for will easily distract from any outfit.

Watching some skincare videos on youtube over the weekend it struck me that the various experts were quite militant about skincare methods but it's always about the face only.  What about the rest of your skin?  If the double cleanse is of life or death importance to your nose, why wouldn't it be for your knees?  Just a thought.

I suppose I've just been quite militant myself.  I just really don't like flip flops worn in city life - Hong Kong is such a beautiful town...  it deserves a bit more effort.

Here's my fully covered but comfortable outfit of the day.  Repetto flats (HERE) are super easy to walk in, and my Isabel Marant Étoile shirt (HERE and HERE) is made from lightweight cotton voile.






Old Balenciaga Velo bag (similar HERE) and old Zara jeans (HERE).

Have a lovely Tuesday!

xx Dianne




No comments:

Post a Comment