Thursday, July 10, 2014

Our World Cup is over


I thought the Dutch penalty curse had been lifted after the match against Costa Rica, but 40 years of penalty kick disasters have made choking on the penalty spot as much part of our DNA as cheese. But against the Argies (more HERE) it is particularly painful. I mean, we crowned Maxima as our Queen for god's sakes! They could have shown us some gratitude by letting us win. I comforted myself with a Dutch breakfast, (this was daily summer breakfast in my house growing up), toast with strawberries and sugar.


I did some more comforting later on at this pretty spot, the 3rd floor terrace bar of The Pottinger Hotel, on the corner of Pottinger and Stanley Street.


And I am wondering if I should find some more comfort later in this lovely Etoile Isabel Marant coat and Nicholas Kirkwood shoes. I am planning to go to England this October, and it's cold there... Just saying. Find them HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment