Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tartan and Plaid

Oh Downton Abbey. Oh Downton Abbey. I can't remember another TV show which had better scenery, clothes and interiors. Even when the story doesn't interest me, there is still so much to see in every frame. The Christmas episode which aired on the 25th in England was set in the Highlands, and it's got me thinking of tartan. Or plaid, as the Americans say. I bought some Mcq Alexander Mcqueen black watch tartan pants and in my enthusiasm for mismatched prints and patterns I have conjured them up with a contrasting tartan shirt and a black knit jacket with gold embroidery. Balmoral Castle's got nothing on me. I am at the conjuring stage only, because I ate so much bloody whipped cream over the holidays that they won't fit me for a while.


the gorgeous innocence of young Princess Di

Zara keeps their black watch tartan blissfully more simple

The Queen and Prince Philip at Balmoral Castle

Scottish wedding dress

Stella Tennant in Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment