Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Why not use a rubber?

JCrew Everly pump and Autre Chose wedge sandal

A regular soled shoe is nowadays called a single-sole shoe. And www.vogue.com thinks it is the preferred shoe of the moment, quoting a few people who use some generalities around about platform shoes re posture and calves and looking fat. Anyway, I guess it was a light news day.

Clearly I have NO clue what goes on, because I have been wearing single sole shoes for 2 years straight, and actually was just getting a bit excited to start wearing platforms sandals again in spring (I personally don't like to wear platform pumps though). I bought some baggy white jeans and thought they'd be super cute with my last year's Autre Chose clunkers (above right). I didn't wear much of those, because on the first occasion I wore them my dark blue jeans stained the front bit of leather. They immediately looked really ugly and I put them away disappointed, until about a month ago when I was using a rubber (if this makes you chuckle I mean an eraser) to rub off my daughter's drawing from the wall, and suddenly thought, hey I should try this on the brown vachetta leather.... I did, and it was miraculous. The blue stain came off in an instant. So do try it, they are really like new now. But stick with vegetable died leathers, I don't think you should use a rubber on anything which has any sheen.

But back to the single-sole v platform sole debate (yep I used the word debate regarding a chat about shoes - I know, don't say it), looking at the picture above, there's no question the single-sole shoe looks better in comparison, but I suppose it depends heavily on your outfit and where you have to walk. And Miuccia Prada sent masses of platform sock shoes down her Spring runway... She may not be as current as she once was, but she's still the queen to me. Although I won't be wearing socks with these sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment